Wednesday WIP: Olive Shawlette

Wednesday, May 15, 2013


You know that yarn you buy because it's oh so beautiful, and then you stash it away until a rainy day? The yarn you absolutely had to have because the colourway was just perfect and it would have made the most beautiful little shawl?


That yarn.

It came out of the box a few weeks ago. In this case, this particular yarn is Araucania Ranco Solid in an olive colourway. I'm a little bit in love with Araucania yarns - they're a hand-spun yarn mum and daughter team in Chile who make lots of beautiful natural fibre yarns. No two dye lots are the same, and I love the way the yarn changes colour (even in the solid variations!) as you move it. 


This is going to be a Holden Shawlette. I've knit the body which is the most tedious part. You definitely need lots of tea and motivation to get you through this bit of the pattern. By the by, do you love my lego stitch markers as much as I do? I love getting out my knitting because they're there, and they make the most wonderful sounds as they jangle in your knitting bag. I've made up hundreds of these stitch markers. They're currently being boxed, and will be in my Etsy store soon (with lots of photos and plenty more info). Such fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments