Screenprinting and Playing with Colour

Monday, May 06, 2013





My screenprinting course has been marvellous. Week two: we splished and splashed, painted and squeegeed. We rolled, textured, printed and blocked. We got covered in blue paint and our nails were detailed in an assortment of whites, blues and greens. (Ahem, the messy bit is more of a me than a we, but let's not get bogged down in the details, okay?)

My giraffe was a great success. It seems that I have a knack for making my screen-printed transfers textured which is rather nice for a giraffe (I'm still not convinced this texture business is a good thing, but our lovely instructor assures me it is, and I plod along happily).

This week's homework: a complex or intricate design to be used with light-sensitive photo emulsion. Oh My.

You Might Also Like

0 comments